SageHeart Counseling is a counseling and therapy practice focused on helping individuals, couples and families manage common every day challenges as well as clinical disorders.
SageHeart Counseling takes a strength focused approach to therapy. Our therapists utilize Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques to offer creative and pragmatic solutions that bring real and lasting change.
Common Areas of Focus:
- Stress management, mindfulness and coping with chronic pain
- Couples/Marriage Counseling and Premarital Counseling
- Family Counseling, adjustment to change or divorce
- Parenting Challenges
- Childhood adjustment, school and behavioral issues in children (ADD/ADHD)
- Art and Play Therapy with children and adolescents
- Body Image and Self-Esteem (eating disorders/body dysmorphic disorder)
- Grief and loss
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Prenatal and Postpartum wellness (including preparation for parenthood, coping with "Baby Blues", Postpartum Depression and Birth Trauma. Birth Art sessions are available for expectant and new parents. See Prenatal and Postpartum Services link for more information.